Posts Tagged ‘Social Media Optimsation’
April 15th, 2010
Last night, I joined in the Hubspot webinar on â€œSocial Media is the New SEOâ€ with Brian Solis and took away enough ideas to last through the rest of this year at least.
Brian engages with diamond-like clarity and precision; and he doesnâ€™t waste words so, likewise, Iâ€™ll keep this short.
You can see Brianâ€™s presentation on Slideshare. http://www.slideshare.net/HubSpot/social-media-optimization-is-the-new-seo
- Social media conversations currently are â€œBlah Blah Blah!â€
- The next level for marketing/brand professionals is to cut through
- Do this by accepting that we are all publishers now
- Create and curate Social Objects that extend depth and range of your conversations
- Social Media Objects, managed correctly, automate your social media work
- This is Word of Mouth automated, not just â€œgoing viralâ€
- Social Media will have its own budget in companies next year
- Maybe every savvy company will have a Chief Editorial Officer
- That Officer will direct quality, calibre and frequency of content (Social Objects)
- The new â€œCEOsâ€ will help to connect the dots in Search.
- With Social Objects you will be found and be useful, relevant, authoritative.
- Social Media Optimisation is more than a conversation, more than manipulation
- Empathy is the key.
You know, there was so much more in that hour – The buzz around the webinar and Brianâ€™s book, Engage, is continuing through the #engage hashtag if you want to joiun the conversation.
You can also out more about Social Media Optimisation on Brianâ€™s blogsite http://www.briansolis.com/2010/02/social-media-optimization-smo-is-the-new-seo-part-1/