A blog can be a highly effective way of positioning yourself as thought leader within your sector. With the right level of commitment, it can help boost your credibility as an industry expert, allow you to engage in industry-level debate, and position you as a â€˜go to’ for journalist comment.
A blog can also help humanise a large company or brand that has a wide customer base, giving you a space for open dialogue and interaction with them.
Liberate Media’s senior team has extensive experience in setting-up and managing blogs. We relish the opportunity to work with brands who are keen to enter the blogosphere, but need a bit of a helping hand.
We can provide training and support in every step of the process, which can loosely be broken down into the following areas:
- Preparing to blog
- What is a blog – the different types of blog?
- What’s your niche?
- Why is it important?
- Good and bad blog examples
- The case studies
- It’s about your audience
- Tips and tricks
- Why SEO is of high importance
Setting Up Your Account
- Creating your account – choosing your platform
- Naming your blog
- Choosing a template – Free or paid for?
Switching to a Host Server
- How to upload to FTP
Setting up Comments
- Understanding comments, good and bad comment examples
- Who can comment on your blog?
- How to respond
- Comment notification
Syndication Feeds and Email Features
- The site feed feature and atom syndication – Feedburner
- Configuring a unique URL for your feed
- Where to syndicate your blog too?
- Pinging blog directories
Posting, Editing, and Modifying Posts
- Understanding the post interface
- Creating your first post, formatting your first post
- Editing your post
- Editing your post on other platforms
Producing readable blog content
- Deciding on your editoral remit
- Understanding your target audience and readership
- Where to look for blog post ideas
- Writing a searchable headline
- Finding your social voice
- Recycling your blog post to other platforms
Working with Images
- About web images
- Inserting an image
- Width, height, and alternative text
- Linking your blog image to a detail image
Adding Your Blogger Profile
- About your profile: privacy and identity
- Adding your photo to your profile page
- Location and work
Putting Your Blog to Work
- Exploring the comment system
- Adding weblog.com pings
- Turning on your directory
- Viewing your newsfeed
Team Blogging and Multiple Blogs
- Uses for team blogs
- Setting editorial guidelines
- Inviting team members
- The sign-off/approval process for team blog posts
- Restricting administrative access
- Restricting post and comment privileges
- Posting to the team blog
- Removing a team member
- Adding and deleting blogs
- WordPress help
- Known issues
- Good sources of information
- Getting support
- Add-ons and third party software
- Recommended plugins and how to add them
All Liberate Media training packages are bespoke. For more information please contact: email@example.com